Saturday, January 11, 2014

Awkward........

There is a gym right down the street from my apartment.  I've been very excited about this so today I went to check it out.  Timo, the guy at the desk told me I could walk around and gave me a few directions for specific places to check out.  It is a great space and has everything you could want.  I was so focused on taking in my surroundings that I didn't really think before walking into what I soon discovered was the men's locker room.  I pretty much ran into a guy as he was coming out. He looked surprised, to say the least.  It hit me where I was and I laughed and said I probably didn't want to go in there.  He laughed and said I could but no, probably not something I want to do.  I turned around and went about looking around the rest (of the public spaces!) of the gym.  When I got back to the desk, Timo asked what I thought.  I told him I walked into the men's room by mistake.  He laughed and said, "I heard. Don't worry," he said. "I told him you are from Chicago and he understands now."  I have NO idea how that explains things, but no matter. He gave me the student price and I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I hear all Chicago woman go into men's locker rooms.

    ReplyDelete